Extend how SnapComms works – For example:
- An outside system can trigger an alert message
- SnapComms can receive data from another system
- SnapComms can query data from another system
Example : SnapComms has created a custom web page that is used by front desk staff to immediately trigger emergency alerts in dangerous situations.
Interface with other applications – Enable other applications (such as SharePoint, CRM’s or HR systems) to interface with SnapComms.
SnapComms Internal Messaging API
The SnapComms solution has API’s that allow you to integrate with other applications. This means that content created from another source can be automatically published and delivered to targeted users using the SnapComms messaging formats.
The SnapComms API gives developers the ability to:
- Create and publish content
- Register and manage devices
- Import users and groups
(“from other systemsImport API”)
- Deliver push notification
to various devices (“Notifications API”)
- Enable access to published content
- Return reports and content statistics (“Reporting API”)
NB) RSS content delivery – As a standard feature, the SnapComms Scrolling Ticker format already allow you to add RSS feeds to a scrolling ticker and have them display on the screen of targeted users and groups. Every time the RSS feed source is updated the ticker bar will scroll on screen and display all active news feeds. If you are able to convert your content into an XML feed you could use the SnapComms RSS feed to display these messages on screen.
You can also add RSS feeds to the screensaver digital signage channel.
An HTML5 SnapComms API client
Synchronize users and groups
SnapComms API Documentation
We’re developers ourselves and understand the need for comprehensive documentation and detailed examples to allow you to obtain the desired results as soon as possible. All the information required to get started with the SnapComms API can be found here, including:
- Getting Started Guide
- SnapComms API Documentation
- Developer Forums
The SnapComms API:
- Built on a generic, secure XML caller framework
- Easy to use
- Detailed installation documentation
- Fully documented examples for the most common tasks