GATHER HIGH VOLUME STAFF FEEDBACK AND OPINIONS WITH A ‘PUSH’ SURVEY
WHAT’S A SNAPCOMMS SURVEY?
A SnapComms Staff Survey or Questionnaire is a useful tool for soliciting qualitative information, such as staff feedback and opinions. Its flexible design allows for unlimited open-ended answer options, as well as multiple choice, multiple selection and single answers. The SnapComms Internal Survey typically appears as a pop up alert, in the bottom right hand side of a screen, and set so that employees can either ‘read now’ or ‘read later’. Alternatively, it can be sent more discreetly to appear within a small message window, or more overtly, taking over the screen’s real estate entirely.
Its ‘push’ format produces far higher response rates than traditional survey methods i.e. sending an email with a link to an online survey, as employees can be sent repeated reminders straight to their screen until their response is received.
Rate and frequency of recurrence can be adapted until a staff member completes the survey. As per the SnapComms Quiz tool, there are advanced behavioral settings also available, all designed to achieve optimum response rates.
WHY DO INTERNAL COMMUNICATORS LOVE THIS STAFF MESSAGING TOOL?
BECAUSE NO EMAIL IS REQUIRED AND STAFF RESPOND!
SnapComms internal Survey tool has been specifically built to temperature-check and benchmark employees, allowing you to measure key organizational issues.
This type of survey returns a high response level as it is pushed directly to computer screens and mobile devices – and not buried (and subsequently forgotten about) in email.
You can specify how often the survey pop-up reminder appears, until staff eventually complete the survey. This means you are more likely to get high participation rates from a cross-section of staff, as well as more accurate representative measurement data (and not just hear from the ‘squeaky wheels’).
Easy to use and fast to set up, you can quickly pulse-poll your organization. This can provide powerful data to help decision-making (and convince senior managers just how effective internal communications can be, and how it can add measurable value to the business. Read more).
A Survey is an effective way of sourcing qualitative data from your workforce.
- Engagement and satisfaction surveys
- Improve information cascade Understand how well your managers are communicating with their teams. Read more
- Measure communications effectiveness. Find out if your internal communications are working. Understand what’s hitting the mark and which areas you need to improve. Read more
- Benchmarking employee understanding and perception
- Involving staff, gathering their feedback, opinions and ideas
- Measuring progress against goals
- Tracking opinions during organizational changeIdentifying problem areas within the organization
- Measuring the effectiveness of training initiatives and events
- Auto-reminders for uncompleted surveys; reminders pop up on the screen of staff who have not yet participated.
- Allow confidential (and anonymous) responses – these can be valuable in times of change and uncertainty.
- Include pictures and branding to better engage your staff.
- Allow multiple responses from each employee
- Specify if a question is mandatory or optional
- Link to your corporate Terms and Conditions (regarding privacy etc.), or write special terms and conditions specific to the survey.
- Play a sound when the notification arrives to grab attention immediately.
SNAPCOMMS POP-UP SURVEY CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
- Targeting – Surveys can be sent to the whole organization, individual employees, groups of employees, organizational units or any combination of these. Existing Active Directory groups can be targeted or groups of individuals can be created manually. These groups can be saved for re-use at any time.
- Scheduling – Send Surveys to staff immediately or schedule the Survey to be sent at a future date and time. Alert-like reminders can be set to repeat at specified intervals.
- Delivery Options – Staff surveys can be sent to PCs or mobile phones.
- Recurrence – Set the Survey to keep recurring on screen until the employee submits a response. This means that employees will continue to see notifications until they open and complete the survey.
- Reporting – Full real-time metrics showing the results of the Staff Survey in terms of overall completion rate as well as individual employee answers.
- Campaigns – Bundle a Survey with other message types around the same topic to drive behavior change. Conclude the campaign with a validation item that requires acknowledgment by the employee.
“Store staff on the shop floor needed something that popped up in whatever tool they were using and SnapComms gave us that ability. It is the tool we use to push information to store staff.”Sarah Arthur
“Screensaver messages have really helped to build our internal brand and culture and act as mini-billboards promoting things of benefit and interest to staff.”Annabel Barbosa
“The SnapComms internal communications tools brighten the office making it more vibrant. It has positively impacted on staff engagement levels and brand alignment.”Matt East